Friday, June 4, 2021

The Answer is Blowin in the wind - epilogue

When I first started this blog in August 2010, the title sort of evolved because of the graphic of the page design plus a few synchronicities which involved the wind which I speak of in other blogs. 

I've recently reconnected with my old mate and storyteller Arlo Guthrie whose album "Hobo's Lullaby" was a favourite of mine back in my teens. I stumbled upon this clip in which he tells of his Bob Dylan experience. For those who don't know " Blowin in the Wind" was written by Bob Dylan.

But - you see (like several artists who have been around awhile) Bob let me down a few years ago....

It was my birthday and my son and his family gave me a ticket to Bob Dylan who was playing in Brisbane. I was melting at the thought of hearing all my favourite songs. There, of course are so many. As I find it quite stimulating to go out, my friend Jan offered to pick me up, drive me there from the Gold Coast and drop me at the door , pick me up at the end and get me home. It was all planned down to a fine art.

First half of the concert - there was one song that I knew, the rest were new songs and I couldn't understand a word he sang. At interval I asked the person next to me what the deal was. He said "oh - he'll only do one more of his older songs - I've seen the setlist" It only took me a minute to decide. I headed outside, rang my friend who picked me up and I headed home.

I can't tell you how disappointed I was especially when everyone had put such thought into getting me there!!  So that was my chance - gone!!!!!!! 

And after all that I have come to very much appreciate artists who sing the old songs that the audience want to hear, and to sing along to - THAT is what MUSIC is for - we "get by with a little help from our friends" and we join together. It's not an ego trip.......... Bob! Bob! Bob!   But I am SO grateful for your songs - oh yeah!!!

So now, listen to beautiful Arlo (just love him) as he tells the STORY of his Bob Dylan experience. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment