Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas 2017 - the Bells, the magic, the synchronicities

Christmas 2017 – the bells, the magic, the synchronicities


One way to describe synchronicities is when something a bit random or out of character happens and it leads to a series of related happenings. The key is to just smile and roll with it, realising that the world really IS a magic place if your eyes and heart are open.

It was random, the day I packaged up some Christmas cards in a Santa stocking with the idea of getting Charli (grand daughter) to “play Santa” and give them out to her little family. Washing my hands in the bathroom, I spotted two golden bells which I had used for earrings one Christmas. I love bells, so I attached them to the Santa stocking. Charli was excited about her role and said “Nan – can I keep the stocking?” .....  “Of course you can C Ro!”




The day that I visited we played games and talked about stuff. I asked Charli had she seen “ Polar Express” (I had seen it several times but never watched it properly – just liked it ) Charli said “I love that movie Nan!!!”
A few nights later I noticed Polar Express was on the telly so I messaged her Dad to let Charli know and I made a “note to self” to really watch it properly. I had never watched the ending before and was amazed to see the ending. The BELL was a major feature of the story and the message of Christmas.




I began to notice bells being a feature this year. My friend Marilyn sent me a gift. It had been sitting waiting to be opened for a few weeks as she always gets in early with her mailing. On the bottom – a bell!! 

 I remembered a video of Charli in kinder a few years back and she was starring as she rang on her bell.

 


Jingle Bells kept turning up in movies and (of course carols) – one is “The Christmas Gift” which begins with the song.


Then my friend Daisy (who shares and syncs with me all the time – which is another story – uncanny). She had bought something at a garage sale ....... a porcelain bell.

And for a few years now I have hung on to a set of earrings – Christmas Bells.


One of John Denver’s early albums was called “Whose Garden Was This?” It wasn’t a huge best seller – mainly covers – random.... He sang “Golden Slumbers” (as per Abby Road) but decided he’d “carried enough weight” so instead he sang “Sweet Sweet Life” (maybe an early understanding of the importance of affirmations). The title was meant to be a commentary on the state of the World. “Tremble if you Must” (maybe reference to the Aspen)........... but the last song was (randomly) “Jingle Bells”
So make of this story what you will. It’s true. Maybe it means nothing! I am not attached to what you may think.

But Daisy’s daughter, Mandy who is a beautiful Down’s Syndrome lady is often “tuned” into things of magic..... so many stories........ Two weeks ago Daisy bought 2 peacocks which she intends to hang on her exterior wall. Her comment to me was something like “it’ll be interesting to see what turns up”  Today I opened a parcel from Daisy and Mandy. Mandy had made me a card with a beautiful verse (it was a recycled one but nevertheless – spot on!!). Guess what the picture was????





7th December, 2020


Well - in 2017 Charli and Emmy received a Polar Express train from Nanny Maz. And Emmy got to know the story about Believing and the magic bell. The train had a bell and a light just like the real one.  

Last year they decided to pass on the train to another little boy and girl and my friend Florence knew just the ones. Leo (who was 4 years old and his little sister Zali). When they first got the train via Nanny Florence they weren't very familiar with the story but Leo just loved the train and his Nan and Nanny Florence and now he is a big fan of Casey Barnes as he knows how it all came to be............   This is the video of Leo when he first got the train





And this year Leo and Zali's Dad has made the Polar Express pride of place around the Christmas tree.



Have a magical Christmas everyone








 
























No comments:

Post a Comment