Monday, December 15, 2014

MY BODY IS MERELY THE SHELL OF MY SOUL


There’s a verse in the song “Eagles and Horses” – John Denver which says.... “my body is merely the shell of my soul... but the flesh must be given its due.. like a pony that carries its master back home... like an old friend whose tried and been true...





I’ve struggled with the BODY all of my life. I would get angry “why did I get the stretch marks, the cellulite, the obesity, the fine horrible hair etc etc??? And it’s taken me a long time to work it out.

Now I feel that if I had the so-called “body beautiful” that most people are constantly striving to attain,  I wouldn’t have discovered the amazing insights into my soul that I have found especially in the last 20 years, because (for sure) I would have been flaunting myself all over the place. A part of me knows that.. So “Thank you Universe for my Body”






                        THANKYOU – MY BODY
            You are my valued teacher
            You take my challenges and reflect them back to me
            Thankyou for being a patient mentor
            I value your strength of being
            Your power
            Your profound potential
            I honour you
            Your ability to rejuvenate knows no bounds
            I experience your healing power with gratitude
            I experience my well being
            My body is a harmony of being
            I am so fortunate for this opportunity
            To experience my physical being
            I embrace my physicality
            Thankyou my body, for sharing this life with me
                                                                                                            Deborah Mann

A few years ago I spotted this ode on my friend Helen’s fridge. I asked her whether I could have a copy and she gave me hers.

Today, I spotted this on my friend Narelle’s face book page.


So glad I have learned the lesson of THE BODY and the lesson of SURRENDER before I have reached the end of my days as happens with many.


And then came this............. which sums up much of what I’ve come to believe. Thanks Jim Carrey...



           
           




No comments:

Post a Comment