Monday, September 26, 2011

Detachment and the Yellow Rose

Surrender, trust, go with the flow, faith, forgiveness, gratitude and the Law of Attraction – all of these I have been doing pretty well with. Discernment is another one I’ve been working on......... but over the last few days, I’ve got a big burst of learning detachment and humility.
During the period 23rd September 2011 – 26th I had read there would be a fair bit of restlessness and activity in the Universe and within individuals (particular sensitives). I had my share of synchronicities coming thick and fast coming in on the tail end of a hypermanic period which started around the change of seasons.
The synchronicities were so quick and fast I was having trouble keeping my feet on the ground and sleeping. I resorted to the antipsychotic drugs and valium and valerian to settle anxiety and to sleep. I couldn’t turn it off. Interestingly I was noticing some of this in my little granddaughter as she had been extremely hyper that day and night when I was babysitting.
The thing which I hadn’t yet learned was to totally let go (surrender) and go with the flow. In my mind I thought I’d worked it out, but I was soon to find that I hadn’t quite learned the lesson.
On the Sunday 25th, I spent the day with a friend. It was great to share with someone on the same page as me. After having lunch, we returned to my house, where she was keen to watch a couple of dvds. The first one was “Esther & Jerry Hicks and the Abraham story” (which brought about much debate between us as we paused and discussed many things). We decided that they didn’t bring in the concept of destiny enough or the importance of soul intention versus ego mind. My friend brought up the subject of detachment. This reminded me of when I had been high last time and I had drawn that card from my Brandon Bays “Grace” cards over the course of 2 days. There is a certain feeling that comes with detachment.
We decided that she (my friend) would pick something and put out the intention to see whether it would manifest. She decided it would be a sunflower. The next dvd we watched was Wayne Dyer’s “The Shift” (or “Ambition to Meaning”). A little way in, Jac exclaimed “there’s a sunflower!!”  Sure enough, there was and it featured a few times during the movie. As Law of Attraction had been our main theme, I thought to myself “I’m going to have a crack at this”. So I visualised a yellow rose. I didn’t tell Jac. Amazingly, different yellow flowers appeared in that movie and then a yellow flower featured in the next one we watched which was “The Celestine Prophecy”. It was almost like the Universe was tormenting saying ha ha ha – I’m sending yellow flowers, but they’re not roses. I HAD to get the lesson of DETACHMENT!!
This morning I felt much more laid back and relaxed than I have been for days. Prior to now I have been far too ATTACHED to all the synchronicities, but today I felt I’d let go and totally surrendered (at last). Sure enough I was walking passed my computer room and glanced at my photo slide show and there (as I glanced) was a yellow rose in a vase. I smiled. I didn’t get attached. I didn’t feel my mood elevating. I didn’t READ ANYTHING INTO IT OR PUT MY OWN interpretation on the synchronicity. Then (as very often is the case) the Universe just confirmed my moment of enlightenment. I was watching a show called “7th Heaven” and one of the characters arrived to take his ex wife on a date. He pulled out a bunch of flowers and very clearly his said “these are for you – yellow roses” – yes a big bunch of yellow roses. Go figure. I JUST SAT AND SMILED as with a feeling of total bliss and humility I knew I had GOT IT!!
It is really what I’ve been saying all along (but obviously hadn’t got it down in my soul). That is it’s not about CONTROL, it’s about LETTING GO. I mean totally letting ago – NO ATTACHMENT!!  Quite the opposite -  DETACHMENT.   Thank you for yesterday Jacleen!




Narelle's beautiful garden in Tassie.  XX

No comments:

Post a Comment